17 Aug 2014

Plug in Baby....

Muse
Brighton Centre 04th Dec 2003
Support: Elbow

Yikes not sure why my camera is yellow!

Oh well, dodgy photo fits dodgy fake tshirt I suppose! The first entry of 'unofficial merch' which basically means bought off a bloke in the street outside the venue. I was a poor student back in 03 so cut me some slack plus I have bought Muse shirts since officially.
The shirt is army green and has shrunk and gone misshapen over the years, This gig was great, I really dig the Brighton Centre as a venue as unlike a lot of places, it retains its 'arena' show size but feels much much smaller than it is. Its wide as opposed to long so getting to the front is easy peasy. This was the first time I saw Elbow too and they were a great warm up for Muse. This was the 'Absolution' tour as the album was released a couple of months before.
Me and my mate Rachel (Raggle as she will be known) went to this gig together on our own, as Raggle had been to the 'Origin of Symmetry' tour previously and said how awesome Muse were live. Raggle had only just passed her driving test and we thought fuck it lets test out the car and drive the hour from Pompey to Brighton. Was a great laugh, particularly the giant Muse balloons they sent out into the audience. Muse are huge stadium filling demi-gods now but back then they had the bold crazy flashing instruments but less of a crazy stage show and mainly let their music do the talking. It certainly worked as I have kept coming back for more and more despite going off their later stuff and lack of older songs in the setlists. Muse are a band that have to be seen to be believed and I'm really glad I got to see them up close in a smaller venue before they exploded out into the realms of super stadiums. Do yourself a favour and go marvel at their crazy genius live, you won't be disappointed. Oh and make sure to get your moshing hat on for Plug in baby, Muscle Museum and Newborn :D

No comments:

Hey, I'm Amy Davis! I am a character designer/compositor/animator who currently works for the VFX studio Framestore. Enjoy my blog and feel free to contact me at amy_davis86@hotmail.co.uk and on 07515060296.