12 Aug 2014

The vest

I cannot sew, when I had to do textiles at school, I basically did nothing in lessons (well draw cartoons) and ignored what we were up to unless I could draw something. My friend Zena did all my sewing and I thank her kindly for it! Anyway my friend Caspar has a jacket that over the years he has covered in band patches and its fucking awesome and he said why not try and do one of your own. Yeah right I can't sew remember?! I got to thinking and decided fuck it I might as well try. Caspar gave me a leftover patch he had that wouldn't matter if I fucked it up and I bought a studded vest and set to work. After a lot of faffing and stabbings, I managed to sew on the small Heartgranade patch onto the vest and was very pleased with myself ( never look at how bad the stitches are on the inside though) and decided to try and add more. Three gigs later and I have four patches on my vest!

The FTHC patch and the Less Than Jake patches have stories all on their own which will have its own post so I'll focus on the Larry patch.

Larry and His Flask at The Borderline Weds 4th Dec 2013. Support: Crazy Arm acoustic.

I got turned onto LAHF by my friend Dave and our mutual love for a certain Frank Turner who I have a lot of stories to elaborate on at a later date. LAHF are an amazing folk punk band who thrive in small venues and causing a ruckus and their live shows are fantastic, I whole-heartedly recommend you check them out live if you can. After a few drinks at the Cro Bar (which is conveniently next door!) we headed in and after a fab acoustic set by Crazy Arm, we joined in the madness that is lots of beer and pogo-ing that come with a LAHF gig. It was sweaty and crazy and we crawled out into Soho as happy as we can be only to remember that it was a Weds and work was a calling the next day. Wasn't my finest morning at work the next day but it was worth it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-i0tS-REco

No comments:

Hey, I'm Amy Davis! I am a character designer/compositor/animator who currently works for the VFX studio Framestore. Enjoy my blog and feel free to contact me at amy_davis86@hotmail.co.uk and on 07515060296.