12 Aug 2014

The blog is alive!!! A random change of pace...

Hello!

I've been absent from my blog since I fell behind with the Daily Zoo uploads. To put it into perspective on how slow on uploading I am, I stopped the Zoo at Day 757 and the last Zoo post was what 400...and something! So one day I think I'll upload the best ones from the rest of the Zoo. But for now a new chapter of the blog begins....

I now have a twitter account and since joining have discovered several interesting new websites, one of which being:

 http://minorthread.com/

Bio: A Band T-Shirt Archivist..who crushed a 1000+ Days in a row with out wearing the same band shirt twice.

I really loved all the stories he has with each shirt, either cos he was at the gig or he's replicated a long destroyed shirt he had long ago or been sent a rarity by fellow band shirt geeks and I got to thinking. I too have a heck of a lot of band tshirts, majority of which were bought at a different show and have been a part of my life in the last 12 years or so. Most have a story attached or are a cool design that I figured, why wait til I'm old and senile to to look back on these memories in a haze when I can write down these anecdotes relating to each bit of clothing so I'll have something written to look back on. I'm not gonna waffle on and unlike the Zoo won't do it every day, just when I have chance and I won't do them in order to save brain function. I also realise that I have been to see certain bands multiple times *cough Foo Fighters* so I'll try and space out those so I don't O.D on one band.

Anyho after just saying that...I'm gonna start with the Foos as its the nearest band merch to me right now and I might as well start with my favourite band ever who may end up with the most entries on this blog anyway! To help the old brainbox, I will link each entry to my Songkick account which is an online concert database. I went through all my ticket stubs a few years ago and uploaded which gigs I'd been present at. On some occasions I'll put up the stub seeing as I don't actually buy merch at every single gig I ever attend but that'll only be if there is a story to it.

So we begin:

Foo Fighters Milton Keynes Bowl Sunday 03rd July 2011.
Support: Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World
https://www.songkick.com/users/jds_bitch86/


Easy guess, which album was this tour in support of?! Wasting Light is an absolutely amazing record and quickly clawed its way into my heart on release, its easily the best thing the Foos has done in years and I say that as a superfan. As you may have noticed, this isn't a band shirt at all, its a hoodie. That is because I'd already seen the Foos twice that year already in support of this album so there are two more shirts to upload here someday! I don't usually buy hoodies unless I really love the band as they are usually only men's sizes and I'm rather small but for this band I plumpted for spending the extra cash that day and I fucking love it, its decent quality, very soft and hasn't faded in the wash at all. And it has Dave's beautiful horsey mug on the back, what more could I want?! This gig was on the Sunday after a very hectic weekend (seeing Take That the night before at Wembley believe it or not!) and my usual gig companions of Sarah and Nat had travelled up to London to see the Foos with the Icelander aswell of course. It was a lovely sunny day, aside from the fact the MK Bowl is a pain in the arse to get to and from and for once I was happy to stand further back on the bowl edge and relax for once at a Foo gig (usually I'm at the barrier). Great support lineup, especially Jimmy Eat World and the Foos were on fire, Dave doing Everlong solo from a mini stage in the middle of the field being a highlight and Bob Mold (Husker Du) and Seasick Steve joining for a few songs was fab too. In terms of Foo gigs, it wasn't my favourite but that was mainly to do with the venue really and it worked out cos after 10 years, I finally got a Foo hoodie :D

1 comment:

India said...

Excited about the new direction Amy! I hope you keep up the drawing too :D

Hey, I'm Amy Davis! I am a character designer/compositor/animator who currently works for the VFX studio Framestore. Enjoy my blog and feel free to contact me at amy_davis86@hotmail.co.uk and on 07515060296.